The Coronavirus(COVID-19) scare has shut all of us inside our homes and it is important to take special care of your immunity now. An easy way of protecting yourself from this deadly disease is by strengthening your immune system and the best way to achieve the same is with proper nutrition. Check out these easy recipes from us that are surely going to give you all the healthy nutrients to build your immunity against any kind of flu virus.
With the scorching heat outside, it’s always a good idea to have a refreshing homemade healthy fix. You can make a Ginger Cooler in under 15 mins which also has added health benefits. Ginger is known for it’s anti-bacterial and anti-viral properties which also is helpful in easing cold. You can make this refreshing drink at home with these easy steps:
- Take a blender/juicer and add cucumber (Cut in small pieces) and Ginger (2-inch pieces)
- Crush mint leaves add it for flavour.
- Add lemon zest and lemon juice with a pinch of salt
- After blending you can have the drink with chilled soda or water.
Thai Grape Cooler
Fresh fruit juices are always a good option and when it has added vitamins like grapes this Thai Grape Cooler recipe becomes a must-try! Make this easy recipe in under 15 minutes with fresh grapes, which are rich in fibre, Potassium and a wide range of vitamins. Follow the instructions in the video below to make this refreshing drink:
- Take a blender and add sliced grapes (red/black or green)
- Add a couple of strands of lemongrass and 2 sliced pieces of kaffir lime grass
- Add lime juice for flavour and sugar/jaggery for sweetness
- Blend the mix and add water/Soda to serve it with crushed ice
Dark Chocolate Hot Pot
Did you know that Dark-chocolate could help you reduce blood pressure levels? Dark chocolate is one of the most overlooked superfoods with several proven benefits. It’s known for its antioxidant powers and is also helpful in reducing stress levels. This sweet healthy recipe with Dark-chocolate is an easy one for that much-needed dessert break at home. Make sure you follow the instructions below.
- Take a clean bowl and add 70gms of dark chocolate
- Add 55gms of regular butter and melt them both in a microwave
- Mix 1 egg with 70gms of caster sugar and whisk the mix
- Add the dark-chocolate butter mix to the egg mix and whisk well
- Add some Vanilla extract to the mix and mix some flour to make it gooey
- Pour the gooey mixture in Ramekins and bake the same in a pre-heated oven (180 degrees) for 10-15 mins.
Sweet Potato Crisps
Sweet Potatoes are a great source of fibre, vitamins and minerals. Did you know that sweet potatoes promote the growth of healthy gut bacteria? Sweet potatoes are even proven to have cancer-fighting properties and are a must-have in your diet for a healthy immune system. This easy snack recipe is easy to make and is the best fix for a healthy snack. Do follow the instructions in the video:
- Cut the sweet potatoes into wedges and make sure that you keep the skin after cleaning the same
- Drizzle the Sweet potatoes with olive oil and add 1tsp of garlic to it
- Add rosemary leaves for flavour
- Bake the potatoes for 25-30 mins in 180 degrees for a nice roasted look.
- Sprinkle some red chilli powder and salt for a healthy tasty snack
Which of these dishes did you like the most? Feel free to share your thoughts in the comments section below.
For more entertainment and drama, watch ‘Sathya Enna Penkutty’ streaming now on ZEE5.